At Nelson River Construction, you become part of a team that is not just committed, but also enthusiastic about road building and repairing construction projects. We employ people who are passionate about their work and seek career challenges and advancement.
The Flagger is responsible stop, slow, and safely direct traffic through work or construction sites to protect workers in the construction zone by regulating traffic flow. Flaggers work together to get all directions of traffic through the job site safely and efficiently and are also responsible for putting out traffic control devices, such as cones and signs, as well as communicating with motorists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate/observe machine actions with crew members in response to hand or audio signals
- Control traffic along roadways and highways to help keep traffic flowing through the construction zone
- Ensure that safety standards are met
- Observing and recording any details about drivers who fail to obey speed limits, construction signs, or other directions provided by the Traffic Coordinator
- Other construction related duties as assigned, including physical labour.
- Valid Flagger training and certification (Provided upon hire)
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and means of transportation to and from the jobsite
- Operate pilot vehicles
- Ability to multitask effectively and efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Physically able to repetitively lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Punctual and able to work full time, overtime, and occasional weekends
- Working in inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
- Required to work out of town and at times in a camp environment in remote locations
Willing to work out of town and in remote locations in a camp environment, as required.
Nelson River Construction offers great growth opportunities and excellent wages and benefits. If you are interested in becoming part of a strong team, and a leader in the construction industry, please forward your resume.
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
Must present a current Drivers Abstract to the job interview.